Elementary Science Reviewers' Hub
Bring Science Alive with TCI
TCI’s Elementary Bring Science Alive! programs transform elementary science class into a multi-faceted learning experiences both in-class and in the distance learning environment. Our blended learning approach inspires and engages students as they make relevant connections between content and their everyday lives. All materials are field tested to ensure their effectiveness for all students, from emerging readers to English learners to advanced learners.
Distance Learning Support
At TCI, we believe learning is not confined to the classroom. Our flexible, NGSS standards-aligned curriculum allows teachers for a seamless transition from classrooms to virtual environments with various resources and tools in our digital platform. We are committed to making sure that our curriculum and products keep teachers and students ahead and never behind in the ever changing world of education.
- The Super Simple Science investigations get students exercising their scientists' and engineers' minds at home and help them develop an appreciation for science as they make connections between science and their everyday lives.
- Learning Management System integrations, such as Google Classroom, Canva, and Schoology allow for easy classroom management in the virtual environment as teachers have the ability to assign work with a click of a button.
- Flexible grading allow teachers to grade by student or by question, making grading work online efficient and productive.
- Customizable online assessments include a variety of selected response and constructed response questions that assess the three dimensions.
Other Digital Features
TCI goes beyond the generic advice and provides suggestions specific to that lesson to ensure academic success for all.
Formatively assess students’ mastery of concepts and skills in an engaging and fun way.
Student Text provides an abundance of reading support, including reading level, text-to-audio, main ideas, text highlights, Spanish translation, and notes.
Help students troubleshoot their subscription from home with a click of a button.
TCI makes teaching easy for you. We offer ready-to-teach lesson presentation, print and digital student resources, and neatly organized materials kit prepared in advance for you so you are always ready to go. Explore the key features of the Science Journal below to see how students get access to everything they need in one place during the lesson.
- Colorful, easy-to-use Science Journal available in print and online.
- Unit Checkpoint help students build an explanation of the phenomenon as the unit progresses.
- Students solve real-world problems like real scientists, while mastering the lesson's three-dimensional learning with hands-on, engineering investigations.
- Text with Notes feature considerate and engaging text with prompts for students to capture key information, helping them build a comprehensive yet personal repository of three-dimensional learning.
- Students apply what they've learned in a hands-on Performance Assessment where they are evaluated across the three dimensions.
We offer ready-to-use Materials Kits are prepped and organized for you to seamlessly integrate into each lesson. Click on the button below to view the complete materials list for each program.
Every TCI Bring Science Alive! lesson is strategically structured so you can cover NGSS standards in 45 minutes or less, while engaging your students! Click on the program icon to see how we do it with the Review Guide, where we walk you through an entire TCI lesson from beginning to end.
NGSS and Beyond
Phenomenon-based unit storylines provide real-world problems for students to connect their learning with their own experiences. Investigations, Reading notes, and Key Science Concepts enable students to ask questions about, investigate, and make sense of phenomena.
Each and every lesson focuses on at least one Science and Engineering Practice, one Crosscutting Concept, and one Disciplinary Core Idea. Each dimension is selected to support learning as it relates to the Performance Expectation.
Engineering Challenges and investigations engage students to design solutions directly related to Disciplinary Core Ideas.
Student apply what they have learned in a hands-on Performance Assessment where they are evaluated across the three-dimensions.
Integration of Math and ELA
Bring Science Alive! was built from the ground up to support the NGSS and incorporate Math and ELA connections to teach students to analyze data, model concepts, and strategically use tools through productive talk and shared activity.
Explicit Focus on Environmental Principles
Environmental concepts are woven throughout the program’s phenomena-based expository text and rich case studies, helping students understand the connections between people and the natural world.
We’d love to support you every step of the way. TCI continuously offer educators a variety of opportunities all year round to expand their professional knowledge and keep them in the loop with TCI tips and updates. Visit our Events and Professional Development page to attend one of our upcoming events and see how you can take advantage of our Professional Development offerings.